Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Home sweet home

Well folks, we've bought a house. We are still living in hotels for now, because we have to go through escrow. (I'm still not sure what that really is!) Our house is around 2500 sq. ft. and has a partially finished basement and a garage. It's on 1.25 acres and is already fenced in. The down side is that the kitchen is really small! It's actually in Spring Creek which is about 10 minutes from Elko. But, we kind of had to take what we could get. The house market out here is crazy! A lot of houses are on the market for only a week before they are sold. I will post pictures once we move in, because I got a digital camera for my anniversary!! Job prospects are looking pretty slim right now for me, so I might just end up pulling my weight by cooking and cleaning. Also, some good news is that the bonus we get for buying a house from Cameron's company is much bigger than we thought. It's going to cover almost all of our closing costs! Well, I think that's all the news for now!

6 comments:

Auntie Ann said...

The extra bonus is nice. The benefits from this company are pretty spectacular. I am anxious to see your house.

Deanna said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see what it looks like!

Todd said...

Congrats Ape Face!! What a life you've arranged for yourself. Nice house, don't have to work--I'm jealous! Want to trade until my board exams are over?

Tammy said...

Dang April. You guys are doing pretty good for yourselves. Sounds like a house you could live in for a very long time. 1.25 acres. That's awesome. Congratulations. Good luck with the job hunt. You could always work at the gas station.

GmaGpa said...

Congratulations!! Do you have a guest room? Who knows, we may come to visit some day. How is the weather and general feel of Elko?

Apeface said...

Yes, we do have a guest room, but we don't have a bed for the guest room!