Wednesday, March 29, 2006

To be, or not to be?

Well, there has finally been an official decision regarding Cameron's desire to be a doctor. It's a resounding no! He decided to sign up for mine rescue to experience a little bit of what being a doctor would be like. Well, they finally got back to him and asked him to go on an ambulance ride. Well, let's just say that Cameron has absolutely no desire to be a doctor any more. Too much pressure. I don't think he's going to do mine rescue any more either. But, the floor is still open for many other careers. Teacher, actuary, etc.. I'm sure he'll figure it out someday!

Also, I thought I should share my adventure for the day. It snowed about a foot last night and it was still snowing some this morning. I decided to poke my head out the front door to see how bad it was and see if my car would be able to make it out of the drive way. Well, I guess I opened the door to wide, because Kayla escaped! Kayla as in the Alaskan Malamute we have that is bred for snow. Lots and lots of snow. I didn't have my shoes on, so she got quite a head start on me. The only advantage I had was the snow made it so I could follow her tracks quite easily. I think I trekked through over 2 miles of foot deep snow before I finally caught her! It was also still snowing a little bit so it was hard to see. To top it all off, I had just taken a shower, so my hair froze while I was trying to find her. It really, really, really stunk. Next time I'm getting a small dog so that it can't make it more than a few feet before I catch it.

Finally, I thought I would share my thoughts on the reunion. It was fun to see every one and to get to know all my nieces and nephews better. I also really enjoyed going to the temple with every one in such a beautiful setting. And the John Deere factory rocked! I now have one of the hillbilliest hats every. I think one of the funniest parts though was seeing Todd hyper. He's quite a funny guy with so much energy going through him. Good luck keeping up with him Deanna! Anyway, I miss all you guys and it was great to see every one!

6 comments:

Auntie Ann said...

April, I would have loved to see you chasing after Kayla. It is amazing what we will do for pets and kids. I am glad you got home before the next bad storm. Twice stuck in Nebr. would be too much.

Tammy said...

Man, your little dog chase sounds a little scary. I am glad you didn't fall down and get buried in the snow or something.

The reunion was fun. It was great to see you play with the kids. You have grown up so much. Yeah, John Deere does rock. You need to post a picture with you in your hat.

Cam, we are sorry you couldn't have made it to our reunion. We would have liked to have gotten to know you better, and for you to get to know us better. Good luck in the search for your perfect career.

Todd said...

Well, at least that's one less thing to worry about. Being a doctor is a lot of pressure, but so is working with such dangerous chemicals all the time. Sounds like he does a good job at that.

And I am glad you appreciated the hyper stage. Few appreciate my genius.

Deanna said...

Sounds like quite an adventure chasing the dog. Nothing like a little exercise in the freezing cold!

Cam, I hope you can make it to the next reunion! We're already looking forward to it.

Sarah said...

Wow... sounds fun chasing a dog in the snow! Kathryn seemed to have fun with you, I'm glad you could come! Hopefully Cam will be there next time!

Anonymous said...

Dear April and Cameron,

Oh, I enjoyed your snow story, chasing your Alaskan dog 2 miles and freezing your hair.

Good luck, Cameron in your future study and career choices. Did you know that the man after whom the Hubble telescope is names, after getting his BS degree was stuck in his father's factory and bored to death? He left the factory and went into Physics and earned almost nothing while he sought his PhD. Follow your heart, Cameron.

Bless you both.

Love, Grandpa Peterson