Monday, November 27, 2006

Blessings

I had an experiences I wanted to share. It requires a tiny bit of setup first though.

A while back, Tammy introduced me to the book The Five Love Languages. Basically what I pulled from that book is that every one is an individual and if you really want to make a relationship work you need to figure out how the other person feels love. Well, one way that I really feel love is when a person takes care of little details for me. It makes me feel like they know me to the very last detail of myself.

Yesterday, I was not feeling to great. I'd been having trouble sleeping and I think I was getting a sinus infection. It was Sunday though, and I had to play in Relief Society and sacrament meeting. Relief Society is first and during the whole lesson I just really wanted to go home and sleep. I knew that I could make it through and play for sacrament, but I really didn't want to. So, at the end I finally got the courage to ask Sister Alger if she would cover for me in sacrament. Nothing special needed to happen for her to cover for me. I could have just loaned her my hymn book and everything would have been fine. But, she had brought her organ shoes and her hymn book and had thought to herself that morning, "I don't really need these. Why am I bringing them?" Like I said, that was not necessary, but it sure did help me feel like less of an idiot.

So, to bring it all together, that experience really helped me to feel like the Lord knows me as an individual. He knows my "love languages" and has been willing to show me individual love more than once this year. That experience didn't need to go that way, but it was just one small detail the Lord took care of to show that He loves little old me even if I am not perfect. And, if he loves me individually he most certainly loves all of you individually. Sometimes you just have to be able to recognize those experiences. And I guess it's not about blessings or lessons He can teach you, but just about Him showing that He loves you.

*Disclaimer: I am not a great writer at the best of times, but most especially not a great writer when I am talking about something emotional. So, I hope you get the point of my ramblings.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Thanks for sharing your experience April. I have been amazed on multiple occasions to think of so many of the tiny details that the Lord has put into motion and worked out to bless me with certain things in my life. He does truly know us more deeply than I think we even know or can understand, and that's a ver comforting thing.

Tammy said...

April, thank you so much for sharing that. I am glad that you recognized that the Lord does love you and wants you to know it. I am amazed as well how often I feel his kindness and love in my life. I hope you are feeling better!

GmaGpa said...

First you are a fine writer and we understood perfecctly what you were saying! Isn't it wonderful to know how much the Lord knows and loves you. Sometimes when I have felt totally inadequate some little event like yours reminds me again that the Lord really is in charge

Auntie Ann said...

The tender mercies we recieve are so easy to overlook. Thanks for sharing because it helps us look at the nice little things that happen to us. I am continually amazed at how the Lord takes care of us.

Sarah said...

What a great experience. I love when I really and truly feel the love of the Lord in my life.