Things I love:
I loved having Dad come visit! He came about two weeks ago for work. We went to dinner a couple of times (which I also love) and we went to a show for the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering. It was a live radio show, kind of like a Prarie Home Companion. It was actually pretty funny. We had a ton of fun and love when Dad comes to visit! We're hoping he'll come out during the summer to do some backpacking up Lamoille Canyon and also that we can go do some rafting trips with him.
I also love JC Penney. Every time I go to JC Penny there are cute clothes and the total is always cheaper than I expect. It baffles me because I'm pretty good at math, yet I always overestimate. Luckily, there is one in Elko!
I love playing the claw game. You know, the one where you use the little metal claw to try to pick up a stuffed animal. Love might be the wrong word...addicted fits a little better. I play almost every time I go grocery shopping. And, I won last time! There's nothing like the rush of winning...
I love not going to Salt Lake so often. Now don't get me wrong, I love the end result of going to Salt Lake (visiting with family/friends), but the travel can kill you. No matter how fun your weekend is, when you start traveling too often it just feels like you lost your weekend. We went at least once a month last year, sometimes more! We're down to going every month and a half for now and we are a lot less stressed out. And if any one misses us (hint, hint), you should come visit!
You know, I had a whole post in my head of things I love vs. things I hate, but I had so much fun going on about the things I love that I can't remember the things I hate! Go figure.
Monday, February 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ok, you made me feel significantly guilty. Yes, I have been planning on coming to see you but the road seems harder to travel westbound. I will work on that. I am glad you get to enjoy time with your papa. I do miss you!
We like visits from Dad too. I heard recently through the grapevine that we might be having a visit from him in April? Haven't heard it from the horse's mouth, so we'll just hope that it is really true!
I'm glad you're driving less to SLC and able to spend a bit more time at home. I'm sure with how busy you are it's nice to get to just stay put and RELAX! The weekends go way too fast as it is.
Thanks for this post April. I am glad you forgot the things you hate! Counting your blessings will do that for you. I think I could easily become addicted to the claw game if I allowed it. My kids beg me to play it everytime we go anywhere with one. It must me in the genes. I love JC Penney too. I rarely make it to the mall,a but when I do, that is about the only store I buy from. You know what I love, YOU! You are a great sister.
Wow, you guys are crazy. We don't even make the 1 hr drive to see Sarah's family every single month. We're pretty big fans of JC Penny also, especially for baby clothes and pictures.
Post a Comment