I was just wondering if any one watched the documentary on the mormons on PBS. I only have seen bits and pieces so far and there's going to be another segment tonight, but I was just wondering what people thought about it.
I watched it with mixed feelings. There were VERY few clips from actual church leaders, and all the others giving their opinions or "expertise" I had no idea who they were and didn't know how they were or were not connected to the church. It is interesting to hear other peoples view of us, but it is hard to see the church broken down in such a non-spiritual way. Our religion, others as well, are spiritual in nature. You should feel it, not just pick it apart with your brain. I think tonight will focus on more modern aspects of the church, including intereviews with several excommunicated members. We'll see...
Well, we recorded it and I have only watched 30 minutes so far and I agree with Tammy. I actually thought it was going to be really good, but it doesn't make the church look good like I thought it would. Not that it makes it look bad either... I'll have to watch the rest for a better opinion.
Well, I change my mind... now that I have watched more of it, I think that it does sort of make the church look bad. It would more likely turn people away than convert them. It's interesting.
6 comments:
I watched it with mixed feelings. There were VERY few clips from actual church leaders, and all the others giving their opinions or "expertise" I had no idea who they were and didn't know how they were or were not connected to the church. It is interesting to hear other peoples view of us, but it is hard to see the church broken down in such a non-spiritual way. Our religion, others as well, are spiritual in nature. You should feel it, not just pick it apart with your brain. I think tonight will focus on more modern aspects of the church, including intereviews with several excommunicated members. We'll see...
Well, we recorded it and I have only watched 30 minutes so far and I agree with Tammy. I actually thought it was going to be really good, but it doesn't make the church look good like I thought it would. Not that it makes it look bad either... I'll have to watch the rest for a better opinion.
I read an article about it being neither good nor bad. I didn't watch last night but am planning on watching tonight.
Well, I change my mind... now that I have watched more of it, I think that it does sort of make the church look bad. It would more likely turn people away than convert them. It's interesting.
I lot of people talked about it during testimony meeting and most of them didn't like it. I have it recorded, but I don't think I'm going to watch it.
Yeah, I'm not going to watch the rest of the first one or the second night. We had a bunch of people talk about it in our ward too!
Post a Comment