Well, we have a ton of news in this neck of the woods.
First, Cameron got another promotion! He's doing such a good job at work and is moving up so quickly. He has been transferred to the Roaster as a Senior Metallurgist. This means they skipped him past Met II and Met III. He also received a raise and he's on straight days now! No more night shifts!!! That's the most exciting part for me. He's loving his new position and is already solving problems over there.
Second, I got straight A's this semseter! Woohoo! I haven't done that for a long time. I've also received my student teaching internship assignment. I'll be with Jeff Sarbacker at Elko High School. And get this - I'll be teaching Calculus and Precalculus!!! There will also be two periods of Algebra I, but overall I got a great assignment! Calculus is one of my favorite subjects, so I'm very excited.
Third, we got a new stove. The heating element in our old one overheated and melted itself. I was trying to cook bread when I noticed that the heating element was glowing red hot and sparking. Needless to say, it was ruined. We now have a stove with a ceramic top, instead of coils. I'll post pictures soon.
Finally, we had a fun visit from Cameron's family this last weekend. They helped us fix our sprinkler system and helped install our new stove. (Thanks guys!) We also did some barbequing up Lamoille Canyon. I'll also post some pictures of Lamoille soon, because it is one of the most beautiful canyons I've ever seen. I also discovered that the Ghirardelli chocolate squares are perfect for s'mores. They're just the right size and you can choose from different kinds. I used a milk chocolate one filled with caramel and its was the best s'more I've ever had.
Well, I think that's all for now!
Friday, June 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, that was exciting news! I hope you enjoy teaching math. It is nice that you got into a high school. Your upper level classes will have more dedicated students. I'll be interested in knowing how that goes. I'll try to call soon, it seems like I haven't talked to you in FOREVER! I miss you.
Wow! I want one of those s'mores! Everything else is pretty exciting too. I am so glad you got a new stove and now Cameron is making more money so you don't have to worry about if you should have bought it or not. How great his fam is close enough to help you guys out. Can't wait to see some pictures. Great student teaching assignment. Keep the posts coming!
Sounds like things are going pretty well up there. That's good that Cameron finally gets to be off the night shifts. Good luck with the teaching and way to go on getting such good grades.
Wow - that's lots of good news. Congrats to Cam on the promotion. I'm sure it's wonderful for him to be able to work days. That night time stuff can really mess up your schedule! Congrats on getting straight A's and the new stove. Fun stuff for you guys.
BTW, something else that I have found that is awesome for S'mores is the Hershey's Swoops (the ones that are thin and shaped like pringles). They also come in Reece's, Thin Mint, Heath, etc. so you can get different flavors. They are thin and the perfect size so they actually melt. I'll have to try the caramel Ghiradelli - sounds great!
Apeface, It's nice to hear of someone else who has a bizarre love of calculus like me. Have fun and congrads.
Post a Comment