Monday, July 16, 2007

Praxis

Well, I got my test scores back for the Praxis II, and.... I passed! With flying colors I might add. I had to take a content test (math skills) and pedagogy test (teaching skills) and on both of them I got a recognition for excellence certificate because I was in the top 15%. I actually did better on the pedagogy than on the math, which took me by surprise. I just thought I was making a bunch of stuff up on the pedagogy one, but I guess it must have sounded ok. Any way, this is very exciting and is one less thing I have to worry about as I go into student teaching.

4 comments:

Auntie Ann said...

Yeah April!! Good job. Hopefully all is well in Nevada. It was so nice to see you last week.

Shane said...

Way to go April! Praxis sounds more like a disease or something than a test, so I thought this was going to be bad news, but I'm glad it wasn't. I think I'm starting to get a bad case of praxis... See what I mean?

Deanna said...

Congrats, April! That's awesome. I agree with Shaner - when I saw the title I thought of a disease too. Glad it was just a test and that you aced it! How's everything else going with you guys?

Tammy said...

congrats April. That is big news! Won't be long now until you are student teaching. You rock little sista'!