Well, it's been awhile and after this it might be even longer, but I have a ton of news. A couple weeks ago I went on vacation and visited Dad. We went hiking, saw lots of movies, went on the best river trip ever, and had a yard sale. The river trip was just me, Dad, and Dan Christiansen so it was very, very relaxed. We took a pack cat, which was a pretty fun little boat. And, the set-up and take-down time was the shortest I've ever had on a river trip. The yard sale was fun, and I ended up being the cashier. All in all, a great vacation.
While I was on vacation, I got a call from the school district. I was supposed to student teach this fall, but they were having trouble finding a "highly qualified" (No Child Left Behind Terminology) teacher, so they offered me a job!! I'm very excited, but kind of nervous. I've been going through training, but school starts Monday (Aug. 20), and I'm just worried about getting everything set up and prepared on such short notice. Needless to say, I will be really busy, so probably will be posting even less than normal. (I know you didn't think it was possible that I could post even less!) I did get some pretty good classes though. Two periods of Trig, two of geometry, and two of Applied math II. Like I said, I'm very excited and I hope I can get it all pulled together. On the teaching note, good luck Aunty Ann! (She's switching from part-time to full-time teaching.)
Last, but not least, we've been doing a little remodeling. Of course we decided to remodel before I got the job offer, so now I'm just twice as busy than I would have been! We repainted and we put in hardwood floors in the front room and hallway. Cameron's dad (Ray), brother (Curtis), sister (Calli), and best friend (Chris - nicest guy ever!) came and helped us knock it out in two days!!! I'm not lying, it took two days total! We do have a few little things to finish up, like molding and transitions between types of flooring (reducer strips), but we were so grateful that we could get so much done so fast. Thanks to everyone who helped!!! I'll put pictures up eventually.
Well, that's life right now. Kind of crazy and busy, so wish me luck in my new job!!!!
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my goodness April!!! That is CRAZY! I would be scared to death, but I am glad you are excited! It might actually be easier, because it will be YOUR classroom! How far is it from where you live? Congrats to you, you will be great!
And way to remodel... we stink at that stuff. :)
Congrats on the new job! That's awesome and I'm sure you'll have everything under control in no time.
That's great that you guys were able to have so many people to help with the remodeling and able to get so much done in such a short time. Can't wait to see pics!
April, I don't worry about your ability to get things together. Hopefully you will have good classes, a good mentor and all will go well. How exciting to get so much done on the house in short order. I still need to make it out there. I'll keep working on that.
Ah, the life of the working stiff. Welcome to our world!
Just a little note to Todd, April has been working full time and going to school so she is well aware of the life of a working stiff. Now she'll just get paid a little better.
Post a Comment