Here are some pictures of my new old piano. Dad and Nancy found this antique piano on E-Bay and got it for me! I think it was made in 1868 and it is in a book of famous pianos. I have to wait to tune it though, so it can adjust to Nevada conditions. It's out of tune right now, so I haven't really played it yet. A lot of the notes are half a note off. So, once I get it tuned, I'll post again and brag about how good it sounds! Thanks again Dad and Nancy.
Wednesday, October 12, 2005
Piano
Here are some pictures of my new old piano. Dad and Nancy found this antique piano on E-Bay and got it for me! I think it was made in 1868 and it is in a book of famous pianos. I have to wait to tune it though, so it can adjust to Nevada conditions. It's out of tune right now, so I haven't really played it yet. A lot of the notes are half a note off. So, once I get it tuned, I'll post again and brag about how good it sounds! Thanks again Dad and Nancy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
April, That is a beautiful piano! I can't wait to hear you really play it.
Amazing!! That is beautiful. How spoiled are you!! I am so glad that you have a piano already, and a way beautiful one no less.
This is an 1868 Manhatten Square Grand piano that came from BYU. It was the actual piano featured in the Pierce Piano Atlas and so, it is somewhat famous already. I am sure it will become more famous when April begins playing it. I promised to give her my piano but when this one became available, I didn't think she would mind. It was surprisingly affordable and is an heirloom that her children will be able to fight over many years from now. And besides, Dad said this was much easier than trying to move my piano. Ha!
Ok, we're jealous! What a beautiful piano! That will be really neat to have in your home.
I'm glad Nancy got to keep her piano... that is a beautiful piano! I haven't really seen any famous pianos before. That's great that you get to have one!
Jesse is actually drooling right now. He said its gorgeous! We needed Paul and Nancy arond when we were in Kimball, Nebraska. We found a harpsicord in a used store for $200.
Post a Comment