Cameron had an accident at work!! As he can see, he's still alive, but he might have a nasty scar on his chin. Cameron was helping to transfer some sulfuric acid. Usually they use a machine, but it wasn't working, so his boss told him to do it using a bucket! As you can see, that was not a good idea. He was wearing the proper protection, but I guess the acid ate through it. I'll see if I can get a picture of it when he can take the bandage off. Any one know any good ways to prevent scarring?
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Accident
Cameron had an accident at work!! As he can see, he's still alive, but he might have a nasty scar on his chin. Cameron was helping to transfer some sulfuric acid. Usually they use a machine, but it wasn't working, so his boss told him to do it using a bucket! As you can see, that was not a good idea. He was wearing the proper protection, but I guess the acid ate through it. I'll see if I can get a picture of it when he can take the bandage off. Any one know any good ways to prevent scarring?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Sounds like a great place to work! I can't believe they would make Cameron transfer sulfuric acid in a bucket! I once had a nasty cut on my forehead and someone took me to a Mexican witch doctor. He smashed up something in a bowl and stuck it on my head and promised I would have no scars. Today, I have a nice scar on my forehead. So, sorry, I know of no cure for scars.
That's so scary! I guess it's a good thing it wasn't like the other accidents you talked about... but this could've been a lot worse too! Yikes! Sorry, no clue about the scar... i've got some nice big scars myself and weren't supposed to be there.
Yikes! Poor Cameron. I have some great ideas about scars....wear them with pride. David has a pretty good one from his mission because of the great medical available in Taiwan.
Wow, sounds like something from the Simpsons. There has to be some kind of health and safety laws against making your employees carry sulfuric acid in a bucket, right? I find that the best way to prevent scarring is not getting hurt in the first place. Now we need to come up with a funny nickname for Cameron like Acid Face or something.
Scars can add character. Glad it wasn't more serious.
OUCH!! Cam, that sounds painful. I singed some nose hairs just by catching a wiff of sulfuric acid fumes in highschool. I hope it doesn't scar. I have no idea how to prevent them. Guess that's something I should learn. I hope they give you worker's comp or something similar.
Dude, I want to see it without the bandaid. Is there like a massive hole in his face or what? Or is it just kind of spread out over a big area? That really stinks. Can you report this or something? I don't know about preventing scars, but to lessen them I think that you can put vitamin e right on it. This may be different though since it will be more of a burn scar. Gotta love your job Cam.
Man, it sounds like Cam's work needs some serious work on safety issues! When I was working for a construction company, we had a person that worked on our site just checking on safety and making sure everyone adhered to the prevention rules, etc. I hope it doesn't scar too bad! Sorry Cam!
Post a Comment