Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Elko Basque Festival





Every year Elko holds the Basque Festival, seeing as it was largely founded by Basque. We decided to go because I wanted to see the running of the bulls. There was dancing at first, and the coolest part of the dancing was a contest to see who could jump on a glass filled with wine without tipping it over. Unfortunately, I didn't get any great shots of the running of the bulls. The best part was at the end when they were trying to fence the bulls back in. One of the bulls almost sent the piece of fence flying into the audience! Over all it was pretty cool.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow, that's something I wouldn't have expected to find in Nevada. Sounds pretty cool. I'm glad you guys got to go.

Deanna said...

Wow, that's something I wouldn't have expcted to see in Nevada. It looks really fun - I'm glad you guys got to go.

Tammy said...

Cool April. That sounds very interesting. I never would have guessed that Elko was settled by the Basque. Keep the posts coming.

Auntie Ann said...

The pictures look pretty cool. I keep saying I am going to make it to see Elko, but life gets in the way. I'll keep working on it.

GmaGpa said...

So is it as wild as the running of the bulls in Spain? Do many people get hurt?
We too have plans to come to Elko. It's just finding the right time.