Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I ROCK!!!

I rock. Yes, that's what I said. I rock! We had to give a mini-mini lesson in class today just using a "hook" and purpose. Basically, you get the students interested and the state an objective. Normally you would continue and teach a lesson, but we were just doing the basics. Well, I was the only one where every one was so hooked that they actually asked me to explain! My lesson was on buttons. What's interesting about buttons, you ask? Well, on men's shirts buttons are on the right and on women's shirts they are on the left. That's because when buttons first came out only the gentry could afford them. The gentlemen would dress themselves, but the ladies would have others dress them. Pretty neat, huh?

I also rock because I get Dad for almost a whole week! He's coming out to Elko to do some work at the Indian Health Clinic out here and he's staying with us. I'm pretty darn excited.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

That is definitely interesting about the buttons. I hadn't know that origin fact.
We're jealous that you get Dad for a week. I think he needs to make a trip to the lovely Midwest! Hope you guys have fun!

Sarah said...

I didn't know the origin either. And we're also jealous you get Dad for a week! Hopefully he'll visit us soon too.

Tammy said...

Good job April! Maybe you are going to end of loving teaching after all. That is great. I am so glad you will get to spend time with Dad. Enjoy it!